ABOUT RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Founded in 1887, the University was formally granted university status in 1992 and is known as a global university of technology and design.
- RMIT’s main campus is located in the heart of Melbourne in the midst of galleries, restaurants and shops. Students enjoy all the benefits associated with studying in the lively Central Business District.
- RMIT has a reputation for providing practical education, training and research. Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure graduates are employable.
- Ranked as the number one school in Australia for Art and Design by the QS World University Rankings, and considered in the world’s top 100 universities in Art and Design; Architecture; Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Computer Science; and Business and Management Studies.
- RMIT University has three campuses in Melbourne with most TEAN students based on the main city campus, located downtown on the north edge of Melbourne’s Central Business District. It is easily accessible by tram and train from any point in greater Melbourne. The sights and sounds of the artistic city of Melbourne spill onto the urban city campus and reveal the slightly chaotic charm of RMIT, with its blend of colors and styles and traditional and modern architecture. RMIT University is located in a vibrant part of Melbourne.
- Students are in a unique academic and social environment surrounded by galleries, an eclectic array restaurants, the State Library of Victoria, Queen Victoria Market and more.
RMIT University is a city campus located in the heart of Melbourne. Visit the google map link below to see the campus location.
Courses are available in the below disciplines. For detailed instructions on how to find and select courses, and a list of popular courses see our course selection instructions. Students enroll in 3 – 4 courses per semester (38-48 credits), which usually transfers as 12 – 16 U.S. semester credits.
Academic Departments and Schools at RMIT are divided into three academic divisions: Design and Social Context, Business and Science, Engineering and Health.
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may consider on a case by case basis.
FEES AND INCLUSIONS
- Estimated tuition and program fees: $13,600*
- Estimated housing (off campus): $7,170
*Tuition for 4 courses. Students are permitted to enroll in 3 courses but there is no tuition discount.
- Tuition and program fees: $13,600
- Housing (off campus): $7,170
- Full tuition (4 courses)
- Guaranteed, pre-arranged, off-campus student housing
- Overseas health insurance, plus evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- Five-day Orientation Program with some meals, excursions, accommodations and transportation
- Cultural events scheduled throughout the semester
- Wireless internet access in all housing
- Access to unique and exciting optional excursions which may include New Zealand, Thailand and other places
- Access to competitive airfares and pre-arranged flight itineraries
- Extensive pre-departure counseling and information packets
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception in Melbourne
- Arrival Welcome packet containing important local contact details and information
- Melbourne Farewell Dinner at conclusion of program
- Host university orientation
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International airfare ($1,800)
- Domestic airfare in US ($500)
- Student visa ($450)
- Books ($365)
- Meals during the semester ($2,000)
- Airport transfer at the end of the semester ($50)